Italian Panna cotta
2/3 cup milk
2 cups double (heavy) cream
4 sheet gelatine
100 gm white chocolates
1 vanilla pod
1/8 cup caster sugar
White chocolate curls and few red berries (to decorate)
1. Put the gelatine in a shallow dish and cover it with water. Keep it aside.
2. Pour the milk and cream in a heavy bottom sauce pan.
3. Take the vanilla pod, split it with a sharp knife, scrape out the seeds and add it to the milk-cream mixture in the pan.
4. Bring the mixture to a boil and then remove from the heat.
5. Add white chocolate and sugar to the pan and stir it until the chocolate has dissolved completely.
6. Take the gelatine, squeeze out the excess moisture from it and put into the pan.
7. Keep stirring it until the gelatine has dissolved completely and the mixture is smooth.
8. Strain the liquid in a container or some pan and allow it to cool at a room temperature.
9. Pour the mixture into six ramekin moulds and keep it in the fridge for at least six hours.
10. Put the cups in warm water before un-moulding it and garnish it with chocolate curls and berries.