Tomato basil soup
10-12 medium sized red tomatoes
10-12 fresh basil leaves
7-8 garlic cloves
1 medium sized sliced onion
3 tsp cornflour
1 tbsp butter or refined oil
½ tsp crushed black pepper
1/3rd cup fresh cream
3 cups water
Salt to taste
1. Heat a non-stick pan and add butter.
2. Add bay leaves and sliced onion in the pan and sauté for some time. Then add garlic , basil leaves and tomatoes. Stir and add salt.
3. Once the tomato pieces soften, add water and bring it to boil.
4. Cover and cook for about 12-15 minutes.
5. Remove the bay leaves and once the mixture cools down, blend it to get a smooth puree.
6. Strain the mixture to remove any pulp and put it on a flame.
7. Add crushed black pepper and cornflour (dissolved in little water) to improve the consistency of the soup.
8. Put off the flame and add fresh cream.
9. Garnish it with basil leaves
10. Serve hot with bread croutons.